The depot, in 1995, has been fenced off, for years, to protect it from vandals.There is a Canadian-owned cyanide gold-leaching operation, not far, over the eastern hills, which still pulls millions in gold from the their federal mining claim. These foreigners do not pay any Income Taxes on their profits.
Closeup of the masonry workmanship in this 1900's era structure, circa 1996.
A building near the depot. The mine shaft on the hill is seen in the enlarged view.
Click the picture.========>
The yet-elegant, J.S. Cook, Bank Building on Golden Street in Rhyolite.The bank vault opening is visible in the enlargement -- click the photo.
Another view of the Cook Bank Building's ruins.
The Porter Brothers' Mercantile store-front facade.
Ruins of the Overbury Building on Main Street.
Mine shafts are VERY DANGEROUS.
Return to Ghost Town Index Page